The aim of this two-day course is to enable the qualified therapist to incorporate acupressure facial treatments into their treatment menu whilst using natural skincare ranges. The course will include Skincare consultations, effective facial treatments, Sangoma’s signature acupressure facial sequence & techniques, and natural, organic & fairtrade facial ingredients, products & their practical use.
The course comprises of the following:
• Theoretical revision of anatomy & physiology of the face and skin and skin pathologies
• Contraindications and Patch testing procedures
• Treatment room set up & Skincare consultation;
• The facial sequence and techniques: cleanse, tone, exfoliate, mask, moisturize.
• Ingredients: toxic additives; natural/organic/fairtrade ingredients & skincare brands & distributors
• Recipes for natural products for home use
• Origins of Eastern medicine’s approach to health; Facial acupressure and massage
• Acupressure Points and Meridians of the face, neck and shoulders
• Effects & Benefits of the treatment; Contraindications of the treatment
• Treatment procedure, protocols, documentation, timing and frequency.
• Demonstration and Practice of Sangoma’s Signature Facial Acupressure sequence and techniques – face, neck & shoulders
• Practical Assessment by tutor throughout the course
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Evaluation reflection of the training and the overall effectiveness of the therapy