Thai herbal compresses were once the secret tools of ancient healers and training, up until recently, could only be obtained from traditional healers in Thailand. Recently, herbal compress massage has been incorporated into modern spa, salon and clinic treatments and the training is now exclusively available in Ireland from Sangoma. In herbal compress massage, herbs are wrapped into compresses, heated in a steamer and used in massage in a ‘press and release’ massage and pressure point sequence. The combination of heat, aromatic herbs and massage has the effect of soothing sore and aching muscles, easing of respiration with camphorous herbs, lymphatic and circulatory improvement, energy work on Sen (meridian) lines and acupoints and deep relaxation. Sangoma’s exclusive course also teaches many hands-free techniques, reducing aching fingers and posture-related strain. The client will experience a warm, intensely relaxing full body treatment but with very little strain on the therapist.
The course comprises of the following units:
• Introduction to the theory of Thai medicine & massage, Sen lines and the use of acupoints
• Physical principals of heat therapy and the body response to the use of temperature.
• Health & Safety & Hygiene considerations.
• Benefits and Contraindications.
• Compress use and specific massage/compress manipulation techniques for an effective treatment. (Note: excludes the face. See ‘Certificate in Thai Compress Facial, Hands & Feet).
• Video demonstration of Sangoma’s signature practical techniques for Thai Herbal Compress use.
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Test Questions