This course focuses on increasing the therapists knowledge and confidence in this specialist area of treatment. The practical element adapts existing massage techniques for a comfortable, safe & effective pregnancy massage treatment. In addition, many hands-free and acupressure techniques will be taught, reducing aching fingers and reducing injury, strain or stress on the therapist.
Sangoma’s exclusive course leads the practitioner step by step through each aspect of Pregnancy Massage, enabling you to become a skilled practitioner in this field.
The course comprises of the following units:
• Review of Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy
• Physiological changes and pathologies throughout the trimesters – mother and baby
• Client Intake, Referrals and Special Considerations
• Benefits and Contraindications
• Draping and Positioning
• Demonstration and practice of how to adapt existing massage techniques for pregnancy massage and suggested full body massage sequence.
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Test Questions