Thai Herbal Compresses or Hot Stones can be used in stand-alone treatments, combined with other treatments or used to transform existing basic facial treatments into luxury experiences. Our exclusive course is the ideal skill upgrade for beauty therapists and massage therapists.
Thai herbal compresses were once the secret tools of ancient healers and training, up until recently, could only be obtained from traditional healers in Thailand. Now, training in Thai Herbal Compress Massage is exclusively available from Sangoma, enabling these healing tools to be incorporated into modern spa, salon and clinic treatments.
In herbal compress massage, herbs are wrapped into compresses, heated in a steamer and used in facial treatments in a ‘press and release’ massage. The cotton compress has a slight exfoliation action and the combination of heat, aromatic herbs and massage has the effect of exfoliating, softening and nourishing the skin, easing sinus and hayfever conditions with camphorous herbs, improving lymphatic and circulatory function and increasing energy work on Sen (meridian) lines and acupoints.
Sangoma uses new equipment and innovative methods to warm hot stones. This will enable the therapist to offer a totally portable warming treatment that takes just minutes to prepare & clean.
Our course teaches the practitioner the skills to deliver a deep and penetrative treatment, with dramatically less pressure needed. The result is an easier treatment for the therapist and sheer pleasure for the client – a perfect addition to the treatment menu of a therapist, beautician, spa or massage centre.
The course comprises of the following units:
• Basic introduction to Thai medicine theory, Sen lines and the use of acupoints
• Physical principals of heat therapy and the body response to the use of temperature.
• Principles of Hot Stone therapy
• Health & Safety & Hygiene considerations
• Procedures, benefits and contraindications of Hot Stone therapy
• Compress use and specific compress techniques for effective facial treatments.
• Video Demonstration of Sangoma’s signature techniques for using Thai Herbal Compresses and Hot Stones.
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Test Questions