This exclusive course by Sangoma is the ideal skill upgrade for beauty therapists and massage therapists. Thai Herbal Compresses or Hot Stones can be used in stand-alone treatments or used to transform existing basic manicure and pedicure treatments into luxury experiences.
In herbal compress massage, herbs are wrapped into compresses, heated in a steamer and used in hand & foot massage and luxury manicure & pedicure treatments in a ‘press and release’ massage. The cotton compress has a slight exfoliation action and the combination of heat, aromatic herbs and massage has the effect of exfoliating and nourishing the skin, soothing tired muscles, improving lymphatic and circulatory function and increasing energy work on Sen (meridian) lines and acupoints.
Thai herbal compresses were once the secret tools of ancient healers and training, up until recently, could only be obtained from traditional healers in Thailand. Now, training in Thai Herbal Compress Massage is exclusively available from Sangoma.
Sangoma’s unique course uses new equipment to warm the stones, enabling you to offer a totally portable warming treatment that takes just minutes to prepare & clean. As temperature dramatically enhances the results of a massage, this course teaches the practitioner the skills to deliver a deep and penetrative treatment, with dramatically less pressure needed. The result is an easier treatment for the therapist and sheer pleasure for the client – a perfect addition to the treatment menu of a therapist, beautician, spa or massage centre!
The course comprises of the following units:
• Basic introduction to Thai medicine theory, Sen lines and the use of acupoints
• Physical principals of heat therapy and the body response to the use of temperature.
• Principles of Hot Stone therapy
• Health & Safety & Hygiene considerations
• Procedures, benefits and contraindications of Hot Stone therapy
• Compress use and specific compress techniques for effective facial treatments.
• Practical Videos: Demonstration of Sangoma’s signature techniques for using Thai Herbal Compresses and Hot Stones.
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Test Questions