This course will teach the specific intake procedures relating to Baby and Infant Massage as well as Sangoma’s signature massage techniques for soothing babies and infants. It will demonstrate additional techniques to help specific conditions and situations whilst clearly outlining special precautions, contraindications, calming and containment techniques. The practiced therapist will be able to competently, professionally and safely deliver an effective Baby and Infant Massage treatment.
The course comprises of the following units:
• Review of the anatomy & physiology of babies and infants with particular attention to the early years.
• Specific pathologies/conditions relating to babies and children.
• Principles of Practice for Baby and Infant Massage.
• Demonstration and practice of Baby and Infant Massage, with particular consideration of physiological aspects in the early years.
• After care advice and treatment plans specifically for babies and children.
• Video demonstration of practical techniques.
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Test Questions