This course is for qualified bodywork practitioners only.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants for their therapeutic properties. The oils are used for treating medical and non-medical conditions. The course teaches the properties and methods of use of key essential oils.
Aromatherapy Theory: (via online tutorial)
• History of Aromatherapy
• Methods of extraction
• Client Consultation
• Chemical constituents
• Individual Essential Oil Properties, effects and benefits
Aromatherapy Practical: (via practical workshop sessions)
• Client Care & Safety precautions, Allergies & Patch tests
• Consultation & Oil blending
• Essential Oil use: oils, sprays, creams, gels, salts, scrubs, inhalations, diffusions, Seasonal Use, First Aid & other areas of interest (student requests)
• Treating Specific Conditions
• For Massage Therapists: Practical Videos of Additional Aromatherapy Massage Techniques
• Theory: All MCQ tests/quizzes must be completed and passed.
• Test treatments: Report on nine (9) test treatments is required – three clients, three times. Report on three test treatments on yourself.
• Aromatherapy Project: Folder of an essential oil chart and consultation documents