The aim of this intensive course for bodyworkers is to give the practitioner confidence to deliver advanced massage work & to assist in the reduction of practitioner injury. It includes advanced massage techniques as well as hands-free techniques using forearms & elbows. The practical element includes demonstration and discussion on the advanced practitioner ‘tool box’ to further enhance the effects of treatment. This would include the use of popular pre-blended oils and balms and the use of hot & cold equipment after massage. Advanced treatment design, add-ons and treatment enhancers are also included to enable the practitioner to deliver a truly unique treatment to the client. The course also includes guidelines on: directing advertising to the appropriate client type; intake procedures to ensure your safety; protocol advice to protect the therapist and the client when working with specific client groups such as the vulnerable and the elderly. Business development and marketing advice is also given.
The course comprises of the following units:
• Business development / Marketing suggestions
• Advanced client intake procedures
• Advanced treatment procedures and client care
• Protocols, guidelines and procedures for working with specific client groups
• The advanced practitioner toolbox of products and equipment • Advanced treatment design and treatment enhancers
• • Video demonstration of Sangoma’s signature advanced massage techniques including the use of elbows, knuckles, drainage movements, compression, stretching, mobilization and hands-free techniques.
• 3 test treatments & reporting
• Evaluation report