This course is for qualified practitioners only. Sangoma’s Eastern & Asian Head Massage training is a pre-requisite for taking this online course
This course builds on the knowledge obtained in Sangoma’s Eastern & Asian Head Massage training and further develops the therapist’s knowledge of acupressure massage. Therapists will be taught to competently and effectively perform a full body seated acupressure sequence, building on techniques taught previously. This will include acupressure techniques to increase the Qi flow and assist in the treatment of specific conditions. The course also aims to familiarise the participant with eastern medicine’s approach to health and client treatment.
The course comprises of the following units:
• Origins of acupressure massage
• Eastern medicines approach to health, acupressure points and meridians of the body
• Benefits of acupressure massage and acupoint use
• Contraindications of acupressure massage and acupoint use
• Safe use of the massage chair; Safe and effective positioning of both the client and the therapist
• Specific acupoints for specific pathologies and aftercare advice
• Consultation, client care and treatment procedure
• Practical demonstration of additional acupressure techniques, building on the techniques learnt on the Certificate in Eastern and Asian Head Massage course. It additionally includes the techniques for massage of the rest of the back, legs and feet as well as stretching & mobilization techniques.
• Student practice of the all the demonstrated techniques and sequences.
• Marketing and business development
• Test questions as student works through the theory
• 6 test treatments & reporting
• Evaluation reflection of the training and the overall effectiveness of the therapy